By using public internet at the Miami Public Library (MPL) or utilizing a MPL mobile Wi-Fi to Go device, you agree to the following guidelines:
Conditions of Use
All users must read and accept the Library's computer/internet use policy.
- The Miami Public Library, in compliance with CIPA, has filtering software installed on all public access computers and wireless access software; however, the parent or legal guardian must assume responsibility for deciding which library resources are appropriate for their own children. Parents are strongly encouraged to discuss appropriate online behavior with their children, including interacting with other individuals on social networking websites and chat rooms, disseminating personal information, and cyberbullying. The Library has materials available to support parents in this important discussion.
- Use of Miami Public Library's Internet access, including wireless access on personal computers, to engage in any activity that constitutes a violation of local, state or federal laws, including but not limited to those concerning copyright, fraud, privacy, or obscenity, is strictly prohibited. Accessing and viewing materials in the Library in a manner that creates the existence of a sexually hostile working environment is also prohibited.
- Persons using a computer owned by the Library agree not to make any changes to the setup, configuration, software, or hardware.
- Misuse or abuse of a library computer or Internet access provided by the Library will suspend Internet access privileges and/or possible legal action.
More Information Regarding Use
- Patrons leaving a computer unattended will forfeit their seats. Public access computers will automatically shut off 15 minutes before library closing time.
- Wireless access is available 24/7, with access before or after Library operating hours being available around the perimeter of the Library.
- Only one person may use public access computer at a time. No more than two people may be seated or standing at a computer workstation. Any disruption due to more than one person being at a computer will result in all persons at that computer being asked to leave.
- Patrons must use headphones to listen to music or other sounds on any computer used inside the Library. If a patron does not have headphones, a set of earbuds may be purchased at the front desk.
- There is a charge for printing. See below.
- The Library does not assume responsibility for lost or corrupted files for any reason, such as hardware failure or network interruptions.
- All library computers are equipped with Deepfreeze software that will erase and reset the computers at the end of the day. Users wishing to save files they have created must back them up to USB sticks or personal email accounts. All created files will be wiped clean after a session ends once the computer user logs out.
Printing & Copying Fees:
- Color copies - $.25 each
- Black and white copies - $.10 each.
- Patrons must have money deposited in the account before printing can be done.
- $1.00 per page
- $1.00 per call for Long-Distance
- $1.00 for cover sheet