Reopening Plan – August 17th, 2020 Update
New rules… If you have questions, just ask.
- Yes, we are making a few new rules that will be in place until we know more about COVID-19 and its longer-term impact on our community members
- We also know that not all rules will work for every situation
- If you have a need that does not fit our rules, please ask us
- We will try our hardest to accommodate as many requests as possible while keeping our patrons and staff safe
- The best way to make a request is to contact us before your visit at (918)541-2292
- Please be aware that these procedures may need to change quickly. Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.
- We will not be enforcing time limits right now, but as we have visitors waiting to enter, we may ask users who have been in the library longer to complete their visit
- Computer users who are job seeking, completing government or educational paperwork, and finding health or finance information will be given one-hour sessions
- Seating has been spaced to accommodate social distancing. Children’s toys and games have been put away.
- 9-10 a.m. is reserved for community members 65 and older and those with underlying health conditions (Monday-Saturday)
- The library is open to the general public 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Wednesday & Thursday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday & Friday; and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
- To protect you, staff will always be masked when outside of their offices or out from behind the circulation desk shield
- Please protect us and your fellow library users by wearing a mask
- Separation of six feet from non-household members must be maintained
- Sanitize your hands upon entry
- Library staff cannot sanitize every item that is in the library.
- It is recommended that Library users wash their hands after handling library materials and avoid touching their face.
- Increased cleaning by staff is in effect; cleaning frequency will be posted on often used equipment and spaces
- Families are strongly urged to limit the number of members entering the building
- If you or anyone in your home is ill, please do not come inside the library
- You may utilize our curbside service or Online Library.
Books and Materials
- Curbside pick-up will continue for those who are not yet ready to enter the library
- Users may browse the shelves with one person/family in an aisle at a time
- Users will check out at the main circulation desk by sliding their materials under the glass for scanning
- Interlibrary Loan service will resume
- All materials must be returned in the outdoor book drop
- Material cannot be accepted inside the library until further notice
- A limited number of computers will be available for use, one person per computer
- Sessions may last for up to one hour
- Printing is available as normal
- Computers in Children’s Department are not available
- Copying and fax services are available for use by one person at a time
- Table use is limited to one person per table and should be used by those with longer research needs
Restrooms and water fountain
- Restrooms will be open
- Water fountain will not be accessible
- Meeting rooms are available by appointment
- Maximum group size is limited to 10
- Kitchenette will not be available at this time
Programs and Classes
- All library provided programs and classes will be provided virtually until further notice.
- MPL has a large digital collection to choose from!